Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bulletin Boards

I've taught several grades from Kindergarten to 7th grade Math. Each grade had something
I enjoyed about it, however my favorite grade level was 7th grade Math. I enjoyed decorating my class for Kindergarten the most, as I was able to let my creative side take over.

I really enjoyed thinking of ideas for different bulletin boards. Here are a few of my favorites:

 
 
Starbucks Themed Bulletin Board

 Starbucks is a FAVORITE of mine (especially the Caramel Light Frappuccino).
There were many days when Starbucks helped get me
ready for my day. (I had a 6:45am start time!)
I made a Starbucks themed Christmas tree this past Christmas. I'll share in
another post (it turned out so CUTE!).
 
(This was my inspiration, but I was unable to locate who created it to give
credit. I found it on Pinterest.)
 
I located something similar while searching online and this
was my interpretation. I created Barista Name Tags for all the math
teachers, made mini latte cups, a large focal latte cup, and then
added glitter paper (my favorite! - everything looks better with a little sparkle)
as a background where we could put up "STAR" student work.
 
The large cup I made by pulling up the cup template and projecting it onto my
dry erase board. I put up two pieces of white post-it poster paper, and traced
the cup. I made the cup holder from brown wrapping paper (paper bag paper). I made
 the large logo and printed it out. Attach the brown paper to the cup, then center
and attach the logo. Finally, laminate your project.
 
Here is my template for the smaller cups with instructions.
 
 
Large logo:
 
Barista Name Tags:
 
 
Thanksgiving Themed Board
 

I drew a basic tree trunk, sprayed it with spray adhesive and put
on the brown glitter. The leaves I bought at the local teacher supply store. I
found my favorite glitter card stock at the local craft and hobby store. I
purchase it when it's on sale. The pumpkins were used as a background
to display student work.
 
 
Mardi Gras Bulletin Board
 
Another fun board! The first time I saw a Mardi Gras bulletin board was when I
went to pick my 3 year old up from preschool. The teachers had made a super
cute bulletin board with construction paper for the king cake, and had
pasted the kids faces onto the little babies (it was so cute to see my little ones'
face on the baby). This was my variation on that bulletin board.
 
How it was made:
I took brown paper on the roll and cut off pieces that were about 20 inches wide. If
I had to do it over again I would make them wider (I like a fat king cake), probably
36 inches wide. Next, I scrunched the paper a bit to give it a crumpled look. Then, I
connected the ends and stapled them together, basically making a tube. The number
of tubes you need depends on how wide your king cake will be. For the corners,
I pleated the paper then stapled until I had a nice curve.
 
To attach the tubes onto the bulletin board I put the seam (stapled part) on the
bottom (facing the bulletin board), and put my arm inside the tube and stapled
it onto the board. After all of the sections were attached, I needed to put on
the icing. The icing were pieces of white tissue paper that I cut with
a scalloped edge. I sprayed the sections with spray adhesive and sprinkled
my glitter onto the paper. Then I sprayed the king cake with the spray adhesive
and lightly pressed the tissue paper onto the brown paper. I continued to do this
until all the sections were covered.
 
The next step was to put up a border. I wanted something flashy, so I pulled out
the deco mesh from my craft supplies. I cut 6 inch sections and bunched and stapled
it onto the board. I had some confetti that I wanted to use, and the spray adhesive
came in handy again. I sprayed a section of the board and took a handful of
confetti and pressed it onto the board until it looked like I envisioned it.
 
The last step was what made this board so stinking cute! I took pictures of all the kindergarten
classes (I needed small faces, so group pictures worked perfectly). I printed the pictures, cut
out the tiny heads, then hot glued the faces onto the king cake babies. I hot glued each
baby onto the bulletin board, and voila! The kids LOVED walking by and
looking for their baby.
 
 
 
 
 
Pete The Cat Board
 
This was a quick board that was put together last minute. I found an image of Pete
online and used the projector to project the image onto the dry erase board. I taped up
some navy butcher paper and traced Pete. I cut him out and painted on his eyes and nose.
The shoes were clipart that I purchased (the link is listed below). I printed the shoes
onto cardstock and cut them out.
 
(I was not able to find the exact link to where I purchased these,
but I did find a store that had very similar shoes. I've linked to
that store.)
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Hello! Is there a way to download your Starbucks bulletin board items? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering the same thing as the above! I want to download some of your Starbucks stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am currently setting up a coffee themed classroom. Is there anyway that you would be ale to email your barista tags to me? They would make great student name tags for the desk! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, these are great ideas. Is there a way you can email me the Starbucks bulletin board items. I am doing my welcome board in that theme.

    Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the starbucks resources
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I love your Starbucks bulletin board items. I am currently looking forward to next year and was wondering if you could share those items? I would love to use them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like some of the Starbucks printables too. How do we get those?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you sell the Starbucks name tags??? If so where????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you sell the Starbucks name tags??? If so where????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to use the starbucks decor in my library! Where can I find it?
    THank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! The Starbucks one is KILLER

    ReplyDelete