Saturday, July 2, 2016

Staging to Sell....round 1

I sold a home a year ago and was very fortunate to have a quick sale. When I decided to put the home on the market, I knew I needed to do something with all the everyday clutter that comes with having a family. Over the course of a month we cleaned out closets, donated items to Goodwill, threw things away, took down personal items, and put things in a storage unit. I purchased a few items to make the house pop, but basically used what I had. Here are some pictures with links to the purchased items. I'm sorry I don't have before pictures, but I never thought I'd be writing about what I did.

I was fortunate that when I purchased this house it had a nicely
landscaped lawn. I'm so thankful that we found a great lawn service
to maintain it. The only thing I did to the front was to add
hanging baskets with brightly colored flowers.
 
 
Living Room:
In this room I ordered custom made pillow covers (the large white ones
with floral designs on them). I ordered smaller pillow covers to tie in
the gray/teal curtains, the gray/teal curtains, and the 3ft by 3ft wall
art over the mantle. I loved the gray/teal curtains and how they
made the room pop.
 
 
 
 
 
Kitchen and Dining Area


 
 
On the kitchen window and the dining area windows I
used an extra gray/teal curtain that I had ordered and had my
mother make matching valences. I bought placemats from Target,
and then "staged" our table using our dishes (Target). I found the
cute teal vase at Hobby Lobby and put some bright
flowers in it to add some color.
 
Master Bathroom:
 
Now our master bathroom was definitely not the most updated
bathroom. However, I made the best out of the situation by
purchasing a nice neutral colored shower curtain, and putting
some flowers on the counter. I bought some matching towels
to hang.
 
Hall Bath
I loved this bathroom. The yellow made it so bright and happy.
The picture in the mirror was one I had before I staged the house,
but I love it so much I have to give a shout out to London Bridge
Children (on etsy.com). The shower curtain is from Target.
 
 
 
 


Little Ones Room:
Not much was done in here, other than a LOT of de-cluttering!
Someone gave Samantha the chandelier as a baby shower gift. We
took out the light wiring and use it as an accent in the room. The
wall art are lines from "You Are My Sunshine". I added some
fake flowers for some color and made sure the room stayed clean.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment