Saturday, July 2, 2016

Wall Art Project

I was searching for a piece of art that would take up a good amount of space, but not break the bank. I found something that I liked and the tutorial that went along with it, but I didn't have the time needed to complete all the steps involved. This is what I found (I love it and will work on it at a later date).

These polished damask wall panels were found at www.horchow.com 
and after some additional searching I located them at Neiman Marcus
 

I found this awesome project on Pinterest, and followed the link
to Knock Off Décor. It looks like the original project was done by
 
I don't personally own a projector, so I used one at the school I worked at. I would
come in early and stay late to trace my stencil. It never turned out how I would have
liked and I really didn't have the time to dedicate to proper tracing, and painting. Our
home flooded and I was busy dealing with mushy drywall and wet insulation (yuck!).
 
Since I had decided to put this project on the back burner, I still needed a large
inexpensive piece of art to use as a focal point in my living room. Off to
youtube.com I went, searching for wall art tutorials. I was fortunate enough
to come across this video by Art Fusion Productions. I really liked
some of the results Glenn Farquhar's students had using his tutorials.
 
(This painting is a favorite of mine...I'll use a different
background color).
I purchased his tutorial, which was very well done and easy to follow,
and I started working on my wall art.
 
I found this great website to purchase your canvas at for very reasonable prices!
 
Here's a picture of my canvas once I have the textured flowers on it:
 
Here is my finished product:
 
Finished product on display:
 
I really enjoyed this project! I was definitely on a time crunch, but was able to complete it within 5 days (you need time to allow it to dry). Go check out Art Fusion Productions there are
many great tutorials there.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment